Local property owner The Copley Group has partnered with the Cape Ann Fresh Catch (CAFC) Community Supported Fishery (CSF) to help bring their “day-boat” fresh, locally-caught, sustainable seafood directly to the Fenway. The spring season is set to begin in March, with the first delivery scheduled for Saturday, March 12. Deliveries will occur on Saturdays from 11am–1pm at 111 Queensbury St. In order to participate, members must sign up with CAFC.
For more information, see below or visit http://www.capeannfreshcatch.org.
From the Copley Group: For those unfamiliar with community supported food programs, members purchase a “share” of a season’s harvest in advance and then throughout that season at a regularly scheduled delivery site, pick up their share of fresh, sustainably-harvested local food.
The CAFC CSF benefits local fishermen, the environment, our local economy, and its members. Local fishermen are helped by having new, more sustainable, markets for their product. Because the distance travelled and its carbon footprint of putting dinner on your plate is greatly reduced, the environment benefits. By keeping all costs community-based, our local economy prospers. And CAFC members get the freshest and highest quality seafood available.
It’s a win-win-win-win for our local fishermen, our environment, our local economy, and you!
- The CAFC Spring 2011 season will begin the week of Monday March 7th and will last for 12 weeks.
- Fenway’s first delivery will be on Sat. 3/12 from 11am–1pm *
- The delivery site for the Fenway will be in the parking lot behind 111 Queensbury Street
- CAFC’s Spring 2011 shares cost $24/week for 2 lbs of fillets or $20/week for 4–6 lbs of whole fish (please visit their website for more details).
- The type of seafood that’s delivered in a share is determined by Neptune and Mother Nature on that specific delivery day.
- You can purchase either a weekly delivery (12 weeks) or a bi-weekly delivery (6 weeks).
- Membership is open to everyone.
Further details about CAFC’s up-coming season are posted at http://www.capeannfreshcatch.org.
* There is a minimum number of people needed to make the Fenway neighborhood site viable for CAFC. To help make this happen for CAFC’s Spring 2011 season please send an email soon to firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you want to join!
To join CAFC’s general email list and get notifications of their new seasons and/or upcoming events please visit www.capeannfreshcatch.org/SignUpForm.html